This amazing replica was on display at the Codissia Fair held recently in Coimbatore: This vehicle featured a rear mounted horizontal engine with a vertical crankshaft and final transmission to the rear wheels by side chains all mounted on a tubular chassis.The 984 cc IC engine developed a then spectacular 0.9 HP giving a top speed of approx. 8 K mph amidst a veritable cacophony of sounds smells and vibrations. Today the Motorwagen may be considered primitive to the extreme but Benz's patent of 29 January 1886 was indeed "state of the art" The original car was donated to the Deutche's museum by Papa Benz in 1906. This one is a replica built in Yorkshire England a few years back. Attractively presented with black framing and iron work, varnished wood platform & wooden tool box, and a plethora of brass fittings this fabulous exhibition piece can also be made to run but with care.